About this Program:
Welcome to the EMPLORE Program, an online accredited program to provide Canadian physicians with the resources necessary to optimize antiretroviral therapy (ART) in the era of virtual care. In this program we will cover optimizing ART regimens for long-term health benefits, review the Department of Health and Human Services HIV guidelines, explore treatment optimization via virtual care, examine the goals of treatment and lastly, consider applicability in the clinical setting.
After completing this program, participants will be able to:
- Recognize the need for treatment optimization in aging people living with HIV (PLWH) with and without comorbidities to achieve the fourth 90 of the UNAIDS targets
- Describe the reasons to consider regimen optimization in the setting of viral suppression
- Adapt clinical practice behaviours to effectively manage PLWH in the era of virtual care
- Apply knowledge gained to identify the optimal treatment option for each of the reasons to consider regimen optimization
- Practice how to effectively manage aging PLWH and address the unique concerns of the aging population
This activity is an Accredited Self-Assessment Program (Section 3) as defined by the Maintenance of Certification Program of the Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Canada, and approved by the Office of Continuing Professional Development, Faculty of Medicine and Health Sciences, McGill University. You may claim a maximum of 1 credit/hour (credits are automatically calculated by the College). This 2 credit/hour Self-Learning program has been certified by the College of Family Physicians of Canada for up to 2.0 Mainpro+® credits.
This program has received an educational grant or in-kind resources from Gilead Sciences Canada, Inc.
Please register or login in order to access this content