CPD Network Associaton Board of Directors
The CPD Network Association is governed by a board of specialists and family physicians elected by the CPD Network members along with the 2016-2017 Board of Directors is presented below:
Dr. Jordan Weinstein
President / Chair of the Board of Directors
The President is responsible for ensuring that the Board of Directors and its members are:
- Aware of, and fulfill, their governance responsibilities
- Comply with applicable laws and bylaws
- Conduct board business effectively and efficiently
- Accountable for their performance
In order to fulfill these responsibilities, and comply to the organization's bylaws, the President’s
- Presides over meetings
- Proposes policies and practices
- Sits on various committees
- Monitors the performance of other members
- Submits various reports to the board, to funders, and to other "stakeholders"
- Proposes the creation of committees
- Appoints members to such committees
- Performs other duties as the need arises and/or as defined in the bylaws
Vice-President / Vice-Chair of the Board of Directors
The Vice-President assumes the roles of the President in his or her absence and reports to, and works closely with, the President to assist with his or her duties. The Vice-President may also perform other duties as assigned by the President.
To Be Confirmed
To Be Confirmed
Regional Director – Ontario*
To Be Confirmed
Regional Director – West
|*Provincial assignment will be designated as applicable|
The Regional Directors represent the interests of their province and/or additional territories in order to ensure alignment across Canada.
CPD Network Support Staff Members
The CPD Network Association is supported by staff members, who are not official members of the organization, but who coordinate the maintenance of records and membership, support financial oversight and ensure appropriate communications for and about the CPD Network mandate, Board of Directors and its members.
Within the role of the executive director for the board includes the following:
- General supervision of the organization’s and members’ activities
- Maintains records of the board and ensures effective management of the organization’s records
- Is sufficiently familiar with legal documents (articles, by-laws, etc.) to note applicability during meetings
- Supports membership requests, inquiries and overall oversight
- Ensures initiatives and programs have the appropriate therapeutic area, provincial and cross-functional representation, as required
The role of the treasurer includes the following:
- Manages the finances of the organization, including the board’s review of and action related to, financial responsibilities
- Ensures appropriate financial reports are made available to the board
- Regularly reports to board on key financial events, trends, concerns, and assessment of fiscal health
- Provides annual budget to the board for members’ approval
- Ensures development and board review of financial procedures and systems
- Chairs the Finance Committee and prepares agendas for meetings
- Recommends to the board whether the organization should have an audit
- Assists in the selection of an auditor, if needed, and meets with him or her annually
Secretary/ Communications Officer
The role of the secretary/ communications officer includes the following:
- Attends all meetings of the Board of Directors and its committees as well as members’ meetings and performs the duties of recording secretary.
- Manages the minutes of board meetings and ensures minutes are distributed to members in a timely manner after each meeting
- Manages all internal communications regarding the organization to the Board of Directors and members
- Manages all external communications regarding the organization to the Board of Directors, members and non-members (for example, updates to the website and notices of new available programs or opportunities)
- Responds to all queries about the organization from external parties
CPD Network Members
The CPD Network Association members are cross-functional and multi-disciplinary specialists and family physicians who are leaders in their field, therapeutic area and/or domain and who have a personal interest in the arena of adult education and training. They are specifically committed to advancing Continuing Professional Development for their peers in the healthcare community.
Membership is determined via nomination by a CPD Network Association Board Member and agreement of at least 5% of the voting members.
Should a specialist or family physician be interested in joining the CPD Network Association, they are invited to contact the organization to submit an application.
The role of members of the organization fall into one of two categories as follows:
|Type||CPD Network Association Board Member (Type A)||CPD Network Association Member-at-large (Type B)|
Serve on the board as President, Vice President, or Regional Directors
Serve within the association as contributing representatives on continuing professional development projects and initiatives
|Serve within the association as contributing representatives on continuing professional development projects and initiatives|
|Term||1 year (option to renew in compliance with organization policies)||1 year (option to renew in compliance with organization policies)|
|Voting Rights (as per Bylaws)||Entitled to receive a notice of all members’ meetings of the organization and to attend these meetings and cast one (1) vote||Not entitled to receive a notice of all members’ meetings of the organization or to attend or cast one (1) vote|
|Fees||To be determined||To be determined|